Food Service Balances Policy

Food Service Lunch Balances Policy

When a student or staff member graduates or leaves Leland Public School, for any reason, with
a balance in their lunch account, negative or positive, the Food Service Director or the Registrar
will reach out to the student’s parents/legal guardian or the staff member to inform them.

If the student has a negative balance and owes the food service department, they will not have
their records transferred to another school until the debt is paid off. If a staff member has a
negative balance, their final paycheck will be held until the debt is paid off.

If the student or staff member has a positive balance in their lunch account, the Food Service
Director will reach out to the Business Manager to issue the persons a refund check if the
balance is over $25. If the balance is under $25, the Food Service Director will attempt to
contact the student’s parents/legal guardian, or the staff member, and inquire if a rebate check
is desired or if they would like to donate the funds to the Angel Account to be used on students
who need financial assistance with meals. If it has been over 30 days and the Food Service
Director has not heard back from the students’ parents/legal guardian, or the staff member, the
money will automatically be transferred to the Angel Account.

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:
    [email protected]


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.